Wednesday, July 8, 2009

celebration

It is always hard to maintain healthy eating habits when you are celebrating a holiday with friends and family. This fourth of July was no different.

On the actual fourth, I think I did pretty well. Went to my parents house and headed over to their pool for the afternoon. We were joined by Grandma as well as Aunt Jan and Uncle Charles. The girls had fun swimming with Grandma and Aunt Jan and watching Uncle Charles go down the water slide! Afterwards we headed back to Grandma and Pappy's house for dinner. It was a lovely evening that ended with yummy cupcakes courtesy of Aunt Jan. We headed out to the fireworks and then home. All girls were in bed and asleep by 10:30.

Sunday, was another story. Some of Pat's coworkers wanted to have a crab feast but had no where to do it (they live in condos with no yard or balconies big enough). We happily offered our deck as a suitable location. It was so nice to have other people bring the party! All we had to do was provide a grill, some ice and a pasta salad! The rest came to us! There was lots of crabs (and some other food too, but I only cared about the crabs), and they were delicious. There was also lots of libations. I have to admit, I imbibed just a wee bit too much.

Monday morning I was extremely disappointed when I got on the scale. I had to make the next two day's really work for me if my Wednesday Weigh in was going to be decent.

No quite sure how I did it, but this morning the scale actually showed a loss of 1 lb from last week! I'll take it!

No comments: