Wednesday, January 6, 2010

weigh in wednesday

Why is it that every time I try to make a positive change I get slammed with something that de-rails me. Ok, maybe it's not every time, but it certainly feels like it.

This week was supposed to be the week I started back to the gym (or at least the Wii Fit, or treadmill). However, I wake up Monday with that tell tale twing in the back of my throat. I spend Monday afternoon at the MVA trying to renew my drivers license (more about that another time) and was unable to hit the gym after work. Tuesday, I really start feeling like crap and today is even worse. What the hell body? You just had 2 weeks off of work (granted they weren't stress free). But seriously, my body got a break and I still got sick! UUGGHH!

Of course, there are still goodies from the holidays in the house and my dear husband has been in charge of meals the last 3 nights. (take out Chinese, creamy chicken casserole, and then a creamy bake-yourself pasta dish from Costco) Not the best for dieting. While I am glad I did not have to be responsible for meal prep, it did nothing for my weigh-in this week. Being sick hasn't helped either. I think my body has retained every ounce of liquid I have ingested the past few days just so it can use it to clog up my sinus cavities!

Suffice it to say, the first weigh-in Wednesday of the new year and I'm up a pound. Totally NOT how I wanted to start the year. Hopefully, I'll kick this cold (with sore throat, cough and headache) soon, so I can get moving!

8 comments:

Brooke said...

being sick sucks. hopefully you can kick it quickly and get back at working out

The Doll said...

Being sick is no fun. That is one of the reason I wasn't able to work out this past week and I gained 1.4lbs. We will do better next week.

Christie O. said...

Being sick really stinks. It happened to me last week. Things are always trying to derail me too! Hope you feel better, no worries, we're not going anywhere!!! :) Stick it out, sister! You can still do this!

Mendie said...

Hope you feel better soon. Its tough to stay focused when everything is achy, but at least you can understand why.

Here's to having a great week next week!

Heather D said...

We ALL have weeks (months, years!) like that. You'll do great. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get back at it! You can do this!

Crooked Eyebrow said...

life happens and we all hae to get right back to it, i wish you luck for this week!

audrey said...

There's always something, it seems. I feel like that every. single. week. Just don't give up and you WILL see results! :)

Anonymous said...

Being sick totally sucks when it comes to weight loss. It just puts your whole body out of whack. Rest up and come back strong next week!