Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Mispronunciations

I was digging through a drawer the other day and stumbled across a birthday card my 7 year-old made for me when she was 2 and a half. The daycare provider had written on in for Sarah and it said, "My ov you Mommy". That was how Sarah said I love you. It was so cute at the time and I loved that the daycare lady included it on the card. It got me thinking of all the other cute things and mispronounced words my girls have said over the years:

My ov you..............................I love you (Sarah)
Pet the meow........................Pet the kitty (Sarah)
Ears appeared.......................Ears pierced (Sarah)
Wiper towels.........................Paper towels (Megan)
Panacake...............................Pancake (Megan)
Lello.......................................Yellow (Megan)
RaRa......................................Sarah (Megan)
With cream...........................Whipped cream (Megan)
Cocks.....................................Socks (Sarah)

I am sure that there are more, but that is what comes to mind. Sarah (at age 7) still asks to have her ears appeared! Megan still says some of hers, and I hope it doesn't stop!!

No comments: