A few weeks ago I won a copy of EA Sports Active for the Wii from my buds over at The Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans. One of the stipulations of the contest was the participation in the 30 Day Challenge that it set to begin on Aug 31. As a participant in the 30 Day Challenge, here is my profile for The Sisterhood:
30 Day Challenge Profile
Hometown: Olney MD
Family: Me, Hubby, 3 energetic girls (8, 5, & 1) and 1 large black lab (she's a girl too)
1) Complete the following sentence – “When I look in the mirror I see a woman in her late 30's who is running out of time to get in better shape.
2) What exercise do you take? What’s your current level of fitness? I walk and play with my girls, as well as hit the gym a few days a week. I love the elliptical machine as well as using the weight machines.
3) How do you relax? I wish I could say reading, but I rarely have the mental energy to read on the rare occasion I have the actual time to. Usually, I sit in front of the TV or flip through a magazine.
4) Do you watch your weight? I have always watched my weight. It has been a major part of my life for as long as I can remember. Of course, sometimes I don't watch it as well as I could :).
5) What’s your favorite body part? Since I'm still nursing my little one, at the moment, I love my boobs.
6) What’s your least favorite body part? without a hesitation, my booty! I am a pear shape with some definite junk in my trunk.
7) What’s your favorite way to workout? I like the fact that I can get a great cardio workout on the elliptical. I don't have a ton of time to workout, so I can hit the gym, spend 30 or so min on the elliptical, then spend some time on the weighs and be out of there in an hour.
Its time to work out, we’re most likely to find you decked out in? Exercise Capri's and an old t-shirt.
9) You’re due to workout, but it’s pouring rain. What do you do? I go anyway, I'll only be wet walking from my car to the gym, no biggie!
10) What’s the one item you wouldn’t be without when working out? Water!
11) What do you hope to get from the 30 Day Challenge? I hope to get myself into a better pattern of working out and increase my stamina for longer periods of cardio activity.
12) What are you apprehensive about going in? Being able to find the time every day to work out. September is my busiest time at work (I'm a high school counselor) and my kids exhaust me and don't let me have much time to myself.
13) How will you reward yourself after the challenge? thinking about a girls weekend or a massage.
14) Complete the following sentence – “I’m Active for … me and my girls!”