Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Two weeks

My weight loss journey has brought me back to where I was before my vacation almost 2weeks ago! But I feel as though I have hit a wall. My girlfriend at work has been frustrted that she hasn't lost all her "baby weight" either. She has encouraged me to do a 2week low carb diet to jump start things.

I've never been a fan of the low carb or fad diets, but I figured it couldn't hurt. This is day two and it has been pretty manageable. Except for the fact that we had dinner at my parents and I couldn't even eat the dishes I brought (Zucchini casserole and a peach tart). The plan is to do this for 2 weeks and that slowly and MODERATLEY return carbs back into a reasonable and low fat diet. We shall see. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

The Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans said...

I hear you, Sue. I've gained back almost all the weight I lost on the last challenge. Stupid vacations. I'm convinced if I never had to leave my home, I'd be as thin as a rail!

On the low carb thing..you might look into the Southbeach Diet. From what I understand, you start off the first couple of weeks eliminating al lot of carbs and sugars. Then you slowly bring healthy ones back into your diet. I did a post about it awhile back on the Sisterhood site.

Good luck!!! And it's great to see you ;)