After the debacle that was the mysterious leak in June, we have almost finished the restoration projects. The fans and dehumidifiers were gone after a week, along with a 4x2 section of the kitchen ceiling. The house was declared to be dry and the insurance adjuster determined how much it should cost us to fix the place and issued a check. The carpet in the dining room was deemed a loss, so we began the process of determining what to put in it's place. I have never been a big fan of carpet in the dining room, and we had be thinking about eventually replacing it with hardwood, so we figured this was the time!
The more we thought about it, the more we realized that if we lay the floor, we need to paint the walls. Then we got to thinking if we're painting, we need to finally put up curtains. So, the home improvement project snowballed, just a little, and we finally ended up with a completed dining room. Eventually, I'll get a bigger table and chairs that match, but that can wait.
Here is a partial picture of what the dining room looked like before. We are notorious for NOT taking before pictures, and this is no exception.
And here is the after! The pictures aren't on the wall yet, but everything else is.