Monday, August 9, 2010

maiden voyage

Yesterday, Megan learned to ride a 2-wheel bike without training wheels! Earlier in the summer, our neighbor, and her main playmate, learned to ride his bike in one day. She was so motivated to learn to, so we tried and tried. And she was so frustrated, she just couldn't get the balance down right. Then, we put it aside and she didn't ask for the longest time.

Last night, Megan asked her father to get her bike down and take the training wheels off so she could practice. He got her up on the bike and in no time she figured out the balance. I told them to stop so I could run and get a camera. Of course, the video camera had no charge. My small digital camera was not where it was supposed to be. My new DSLR (Nikon D5000) had video capabilities, but I haven't figured that out yet. I yelled for Sarah to come in and find my camera (since I knew she had been messing with it last). She tells me, in a very matter-of-fact voice, "It's in the little couch". We finally got the camera and I ran out to get the following shot. The camera ran out of power just as she stopped, but at least I got her maiden voyage on tape! If you listen carefully, you can hear a group of neighbors a few houses up the street cheer her on, it was so sweet.


No comments: