Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Shrink YoSelf Weigh-In #3

I re-joined Weight Watchers on Saturday in order to help me on this journey. After the births of my first two kids, it was very helpful in losing the "baby weight". Well my last baby will be four this April, and I am still carrying around the weight I should have lost after she was born AND before I got pregnant!

The point structure has changed a little bit, but the concepts are the same. What is great is that I can use the app on my iPhone to keep track of points, etc. The first few days have not been very difficult. However, the WW scale is different than my bathroom scale. This week, I'm going to have to weigh myself in my clothes right before heading out the door to the meeting just so I can figure out what the difference is...and not be so depressed when my weight is more at the meeting.

One of the big things I struggle with is the amount my weight fluctuates on a daily basis. I can be down 3 lbs and then overnight gain back almost all of it. It is a constant battle. Maybe I Shouldn't get on the scale so often, I don't know. So this week was not great, despite the WW tracking of points. Maybe when I weigh in on Saturday with them I will see greater changes. I was up a few pounds over the weekend, but have dropped back down to where I was last Wednesday.

I worked out 6 days this past week, and hope to keep that up (part of why I am so frustrated with the lack of weight loss though!). After two weeks of just getting back to the gym, I started running on the treadmill again. I had to dial it down quite a bit, but am hoping to get back to running 2-3 miles soon!

Starting Weight 1*3.8
Last Week 1*0.8
This Week 1*0.8
Weekly Loss 0.0

Total Loss 3.0

1 comment:

AnnG said...

I highly recommend weighing yourself no more than 2 times a week, and make sure you wear the same weight of clothes (or none) at the same time of day. Your weight does fluctuate from one part of the day to the next. You are doing great and you will start seeing a big difference soon! Keep up the good work!