Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Yo Vote


I voted!!
Took the girls with me for the first time. Probably not the best time to have done so, especially since we had to wait in a 30 minute line. But, it was great to show them the process and actually have them help.
Megan kept asking me who I was voting for when we were in line waiting to be taken to our voting machine. I told her that I wasn't supposed to say it since we were in the official voting room. She kept bugging me so I whispered into her ear "Oback Barama" (which is exactly how she says his name). Sarah was convinced I broke the law and decided to tell Megan that she hated her because she made me break the law.
Megan took great pride in holding my "Apple Ballot" (The paper that my union puts out detailing who the teachers support for local races) for me. They LOVED that they each got an "I voted" sticker.

Must be sure to hit Starbucks later for my free coffee!

No comments: