Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I hate Jillian

Today is day 10 of the 30 Day Shred Challenge at the Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans. It is also Weigh in Wednesday. While I don't really hate Jillian, I do really hate today's weigh in. I don't quite understand what has happened. I have done the shred every day since day 1, I have been watching what I eat. I feel like I took it easy on Easter and did not overindulge. I have had unusual self-restraint when it comes to all the chocolate Easter candy that is in my house. yet, the scale this morning reported a .8lb weigh GAIN. WTF?!?! How the hell did that happen!? I was so depressed that for a brief moment this morning I contemplated giving up, I should just accept the fact that I will be "fluffy" for the rest of my life and deal with it.

By the time I got to work, I realized that my body is dealing with a lot of change (you know the not pumping and reducing breastfeeding to 1 or 2x a day) that I just need to be patient. I do feel as though I am seeing improvement in areas, just not on the scale. I have come to hate phase 1 of the workout though. the first few days I felt energized afterward and loved how sore I felt in the morning (that means it's working, right?). But by day 5, my knees starting hurting. the jumping jacks kill my knees! I am pretty sure the aerobic part of the jumping jacks is no problem, it's the pain that makes me want to stop.

I will forge ahead and keep doing phase 1 for a few more days and then bump up to phase 2. If I can managed to find a few more minutes to exercise, I'll hop on the treadmill too (I did that on Monday and it felt really good). I will also begin really tracking my food intake.

Here's hoping for a better week to come!

3 comments:

Mommy Mo said...

Sue, I hear you loud and clear!

I know you feel like throwing in the towel, but DON'T. Your hard will pay off. It will.

And what is it with those jumping jacks? I feel the exact same way. I wasn't feeling it in my knees/ankles until the last 2 days. I'm not sure why they are sore now.

Anyway, I can't wait to see your bad ass self as the weight drops off : ).

april said...

Keep it up! You'll start seeing results! I'm sure of it!

Good luck this week!

Brooke said...

its hard not to get frustrated, but once your body gets adjusted hopefully things will start looking up (and the scales will start moving down)