Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sunday Morning Musings

I was woken very early this morning and am now up for the day. There is something inherently wrong with waking on a Sunday morning before the sun has risen.

Yesterday was such a busy day for us. Megan had TBall practice in a wind tunnel at 9am. I had to take the other two girls since Pat had to go into work for a few hours. Meg did not feel like participating at first, but who would blame her. She finally fell into line and did ok. Our neighbor across the street was another story. He refused to go out on the field and play. His dad didn't give in either. They stood there and watched, in the cold wind, until practice was over.

Sarah had her first soccer game at 10:30. Thankfully, Pat was home with enough time to take her for me. That way Megan could warm up and the baby could go down for an actual nap. Turns out Sarah did pretty well and scored two goals! The two of them got home with just enough time to eat a quick lunch and for Pat to shower before we headed off to Grandma & Pappy's house. We had to drop off Daughters 1 & 3 so that the middle child could have her special day with Mommy and Daddy.

We took Megan to see Dora Live downtown. She had been looking forward to this for weeks. It was great, because we have been using it as a way to get her to cooperate when she was being difficult. Like on Thursday when we went to the toy store to buy a birthday gift for Sarah's friend Grace--Megan wouldn't get out of the car unless I told her I would buy her a toy in the store. Of course that wasn't going to happen. So I just reminded her that she didn't have to go to Dora. As soon as I said it, another mom in the car next to us said that she would love to go to Dora. That little bugger couldn't get out of the car fast enough!

It was nice to spend a few hours with just one child. Megan needed that time with us and I'm so glad that we did it. She is your typical middle child (I should know, I was too) and definitely needs reassurance that we love her. It was so fun to watch her enjoy the show. She sang along and got into the whole thing. It was wonderful. Pat and I kept looking over at her and giggling at her delight! She also ate a whole HUGE box of Mike and Ike candies, so we did have to deal with a sugar crash later on the way home from Grandma's though!

We got home just in time to eat a rushed dinner and straighten up for our tax guy to come over with our completed returns. We actually fared better on our taxes than we thought we would. All in all, it was a busy yet fun filled day. A nice way to start Spring Break!

The sun has now risen and I need to brew my coffee. Maybe I'll even get to read some of the paper this morning!

No comments: