Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I wish I had one of those

For the last two weeks, Pat was taking a class that required him to leave much earlier than normal. Thus, creating a dilemma in getting the kids to school. I have little leave as it is, and I would need to take 2 hours every morning in order to get all of them to school/daycare. Thankfully, my in-laws offered to help for a week. They came down and took the big girls to school and daycare in the morning and even watched the baby during the day.

I know a lot of people who would be inconvenienced by having their in-laws with them for that long. And I am fully aware of all the in-law jokes out there. Now my mother-in-law is certainly not perfect, but it is so nice having her there. She is a woman who likes to keep busy and found all sorts of things to do while she was here. I can't tell you how nice it is to come home to clean laundry and vacuumed carpets. My kitchen island never accumulated crap while she was there either. I would never have asked her to run a load of laundry or clean, lord no! But she did it anyways, and I am so grateful.

One afternoon while she was here I was picking up the girls from aftercare and we were talking about how great it was that Grandma was there to help with all these things. As we were talking, another mother walked past us and commented, "I wish I had one of those." We both chuckled and smiled.

I never thought I'd ever say it, but my mother-in-law can come and visit any time she wants to!!

No comments: